1) Your tattoo may have been bandaged with soak pads or Tegaderm upon completion. Leave this bandage on overnight. It is normal for fluid to collect inside of sealed bandage.
2) In the morning, carefully remove bandage and gently wash your tattoo with soap and
3) Pat tattoo dry with a clean towel, or paper towel. Allow it to air dry for additional
4) Apply a new Tegaderm bandage to your clean and dry tattoo. Be sure that the bandage
has at least 1/2" border outside of tattoo in order to create a good seal in order to protect
the tattoo from any potential bacteria. (Rounding the Tegaderm corners helps make a better
5) Leave Tegaderm bandage on for the next 4 days. There is no need to take it off to
shower or clean it. The bandage is waterproof, but still allows the tattoo and skin beneath
it to breath. By leaving the tattoo alone under the Tegaderm for a few days, it creates a
clean and protected environment for your body to heal the tattoo on its own.
6) After 4 days, remove the Tegaderm bandage and gently wash the tattoo with soap
and warm water. At this point, your tattoo should be well on it's way to being healed. It
may feel dry and itchy. With washed, clean hands only, you may apply a very, very small
amount of plain white lotion if it feels tight or uncomfortably dry. Please do not apply lotion
more than 3 times per day. Only use lotion that is water-based and fragrance-free, such as
Lubriderm, Eucerin, Curel, Jergins, etc.
7) Don't pick, scratch, or touch on/around your tattoo.
8) DO NOT soak your tattoo (No swimming, hot tubs, saunas, or baths - showers only).
9) DO NOT expose your tattoo to direct sunlight.
10) Your tattoo should be fully healed in about 2 weeks. Some people and different areas of the body heal faster or slower than others. Everyone's immune system and healing times are different. While your tattoo is healing, your eating, sleeping, and lifestyle choices will affect how well it heals. If you are making choices that boost your body's immune system, your tattoo will have the best chance to heal as smooth and quickly as possible. Once your tattoo is healed, please keep in mind that your skin will still be fragile for many months after.
Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns about your new tattoo!